Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ok, going back.

So, I had taken a bit of a break, after Horrors.

But, this weekend I have a holiday party to go to, and have nothing to wear! Lol. So I went back to my fave pattern, the dress. I want it to look like the one in the picture - the bluish purple color. But alas, my local fabric store does not sell damask fabric =( So I bought a beautiful black brocade, but they only had 1 yard, so I can make the skirt part in that. Then I'm going to make the top in a great blue satin. We'll see how it goes.

I also got inspired (and distracted by shiny things) in the bead aisle. I bought some pretty blue beads and then some turquoise beads, and some silver star/circles plus some chain and some earring backs, to make matching jewelry for my blue/black holiday dress. I'm glad I went on Monday, because it snowed Monday, stopped for a bit. Then snowed all morning Tuesday, snowed ice Tuesday evening, and then turned into rain (which I think finally stopped now, at 1:30 am!). So at least I have all my supplies (although I may need blue thread, but am waiting to get it, since I have a coupon and figured might as well save a little bit =)

Gonna start tomorrow. Pictures to come =)

No comments:

Post a Comment